Energy Savings Assistance for Common Area Measures
Energy Savings Assistance for Common Area Measures (ESA CAM) offers eligible low-income multifamily properties (deed restricted/subsidized housing) no-cost energy saving upgrades to their common areas.? This could include appliances, lighting, water heating, HVAC, pool heating and pumping, building envelope and other maintenance.? This program is available through December 31, 2020.?
To learn more or get started, please contact our contractor,?Willdan.??They'll assist?you through the entire process from eligibility?to installation.?
Get started today!
Email: [email protected]
Properties eligible for ESA CAM are existing multifamily properties committed to affordable housing in SDG&E's service territory.? ?Eligible properties must:
- Have five (5) or more attached dwelling units
- Meet the partial definition of deed-restricted in California Public Utilities Code Section 2852(a)(A).
- House at least 65% of tenants with incomes at or below 200% the Federal Poverty?Guidelines, per ESA Program rules. Review?the?ESA Income Guidelines.
- Enroll their properties for benchmarking via the Environmental Protection Agency's Portfolio Manager Tool.?
Here's what to expect:
- Enrollment - After you contact Willdan, they'll confirm your eligibility and have you sign the Multifamily Property Owner Authorization (POA) and Affidavit forms.? These grant them the authority to visit your property and perform the energy audit.
- Audit -? Willdan will schedule an energy audit for?your property?where they'll?identify all measures that can be installed.
- Benchmarking -? As part?of your eligibility for the program, you must do??benchmarking with Energy Star? through the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Portfolio Manager.? This includes providing the??Statement of Energy Performance (SEP) to SDG&E.? This will educate you on the benefits of benchmarking and will provide visibility about the energy use intensity (EUI) of your property.? Willdan will help you through this process.?
- Audit Report - This is a report of the audit conducted in Step 2.? You'll receive this along with the Installation Form.
- Procurement - Once the Audit Report and Installation Form are signed by the property owner, Willdan will work with vendors and subcontractors to ensure all materials are procured before scheduling installation.?
- Installation - When everything has been procured, Willdan will schedule a date and install the measures.
- Completion and Post-Inspection - Willdan will conduct a thorough inspection after all measures have been installed.? If there are any variances, deficiencies or discrepancies with the work order, Willdan will work with the subcontractors to rectify any issues as soon as possible.?
If at any point in the process you have questions, please contact Willdan.? If they cannot provide the information needed, you can contact SDG&E at [email protected].